[volt-nuts] Building a high resolution DAC

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Aug 17 12:04:58 EDT 2015

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 17:04:25 +0200
Andreas Jahn <Andreas_-_Jahn at t-online.de> wrote:

> see my comments on the cirquit [1] here:
> https://www.febo.com/pipermail/volt-nuts/2010-October/000537.html
>
> So it will get very hard to go below 1ppm linearity. (without a
> exact/calibrated feedback loop).
> Since the formula in the article is wrong you will need some overlapping
> bits anyway.

Yes, when i tried to understand the circuit, more and more question
marks popped up, until I decided to use a different approach that
does not involve black magic and misleading descriptions.

I am kind of surprised that the charge injection of the MAX4053
does not kill a lot of the performance. At least i don't see any
way how it would cancel somewhere.

			Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.